As practise to help my project go faster, I made a quick low-poly model of another character design and started rigging it, to solve some potential problems ahead of time.
(actually a reworking of something I drew in a school planner over ten years ago…)
And the model/rig so far:
I tried out a spline IK for the tail, because I want to use one on the Leopard-Man’s tail later:
I mainly followed this tutorial to get to grips with the Spline IK tool:
(I also consulted a few more, which are listed below in the References section)
And finally, I played around with the head rig and controls, to work out how to get moveable ears which would also follow the orientation of the head. This will be used for Ridley’s rig.
I recorded how I put the rig together for myself to refer to in future. I’m hoping it also functions well enough as a tutorial for anyone trying something similar: